A Better You
You are not alone.
There is no substitute for self-care. Self-care cultivates wellness such that it rejuvenates the mind, body, and soul. If you do not take care of yourself, then all your dreams and aspirations will be fruitless.
It is imperative that we make a habit to take care of ourselves.
Self-care should become routine. Essentially, you must be deliberate to ensure proper self-care for your mind, body, and soul.
The 7 Tools
1. Sleep. Adults should sleep an average of 7-9 hours each night. Establish your sleep routine today to improve your level of functioning.
2. Unplug. Put up your “Do not disturb” sign. Unplug from social media. Unplug from your cell phone. Unplug from technology. Take at least 15 minutes each day to unplug.
3. Nourish your body. Eating and drinking water will only fuel your physical wellness but it impacts your overall level of functioning. Eat at least 3 meals a day to keep your metabolism going. And drinks lots of water.
4. Laugh. Laughter is truly good for the soul. Laugh at yourself. Laugh with a friend. Read something funny. Whatever you do, laugh!
5. Exercise. What has held you back from exercising? Transcend that obstacle today and just do it! Exercise is beneficial for your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Commit to exercising at least 30 minutes for 5 days.
6. Journal. Need to unleash your frustrations, then journal. There are many benefits to writing in a journal. Research suggests that writing in a journal increases our gratitude.
7. Good Vibes Only. Surround yourself with positive, like-minded people. Enjoy the company of others and unleash positive vibes together. Commit today to take care of you. You will appreciate it!
“Our blogs are sponsored by Swagher Magazine.“