Let’s face it! Balancing work and
being a single mom is one the hardest job at times.
For the majority of single moms I’ve known, making ends meet can be a struggle. Not only are you fighting against a glass ceiling that keeps you paid less than a man with the same qualifications, but now you have kids in the mix that you have to take care of. It doesn’t matter whether you have 1, 2, 3 kids or more, it’s always going to be difficult raising a child on one income. (Although the more kids you have, the harder it gets.)
And if you don’t have a college degree, finding a job where you can make an actual livable wage is like finding a needle in a haystack.
When I was a single mom, I can’t tell you how many times I cried myself to sleep at night thinking – why is living so hard?
But you find a way to make it work. So many single mothers today are starting businesses from the comfort of their home to not only be their own boss, but to be able to be there more for their kids.
Working can sometime become our main priority, but we have to remember to find balance in our lives.
Balancing both can sometimes seem.like you are in a circus, but you have to provide the best for your kids. They are definitely counting on us.
So how do you really find ways to balance the two without being stressed and feeling overwhelmed?
1. Work at home moms can work when the kids are at school.
2. Get off the clock when school is out, if permits, so that you can devote that time to your kids.
3. Schedule Mommie time.
4. Work when kids are asleep in bed.
5. Prepare meals early for the week so that you are not stressed about getting dinner on the table.
6. Find a support group for single mothers. Believe me, you are not alone.
7. Ask family to help you out sometimes.
8. Find time to relax and pamper yourself.
9. Schedule family time with the kids. No work, just loving on them.
10. Remember balancing is hard, but can be done.
11. Start a single moms night.
Being a single mom in itself can be a job, but a very rewarding one.
Be proud of what you are doing and what you have accomplished.
But being a parent is the best accomplishment, Ever!
#getinsipred #bloggerlife #singlemom #kids #girlpower #womeninbusiness #stayathomemom #lifestyle #business #mompreneur #singlemom #womenwhoinspire