There is no substitute for self-care. As a clinical social worker and life coach, self-care is perhaps one of the most conveyed tools for my clients as well as myself. Self-care cultivates wellness such that it rejuvenates the mind, body, and soul. If you do not take care of yourself, then all your dreams and aspirations will be fruitless.
Feeling overwhelmed? Tired? Unfocused? Burnt out?
You are not alone.
As entrepreneurs, we are so driven by our passions to build our respective empires that at times we neglect the most important variable to our success…our well-being. Thus, it is imperative that we make a habit to take care of ourselves.
Self-care should become routine. Practice self-care daily.
7 Self-Care Tools for Entrepreneurs
- Sleep. Research suggests that adults should sleep an average of 7 hours each night. Establish your sleep routine to
- Unplug. Put up your “Do not disturb” sign. Unplug from social media. Unplug from your cell phone. Unplug from technology. Take at least 15 minutes each day to unplug.
- Nourish your body. Eating and drinking water will only fuel your physical wellness but it impacts your overall level of functioning. Eat at least 3 meals a day to keep your metabolism going. And drinks lots of water.
- Laugh. Laughter is truly good for the soul. Laugh at yourself. Laugh with a friend. Read something funny. Whatever you do, laugh!
- Exercise. What has held you back from exercising? Transcend that obstacle today and just do it! Exercise is beneficial for your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Commit to exercising at least 30 minutes for 5 days.
- Journal. Need to unleash your frustrations, then journal. There are many benefits to journaling. Research suggests that journaling also increases our gratitude.
- Surround yourself with positive, like-minded people. Enjoy the company of others unleashing positive vibes.
Resources for Entrepreneurs
Make the commitment to take care of you today. You will appreciate it!